Access and admission
Master's Degree in Gastronomic Sciences
Donostia - San Sebastián (Basque Culinary Center)
No. of Places
The number of places established for this degree is 20.
The admissions system of the Faculty of Gastronomic Sciences - Basque Culinary Center is aimed at students who have the academic level and personal competences necessary to successfully pass what is a demanding and innovative syllabus.
An Admissions Committee will be responsible for selecting the candidates admitted.
Students interested should do the online registration. It is necessary to upload a copy of your National ID card or passport for the registration to be valid.
Apart from doing the online pre-registration, students must send the following scanned documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Students presently in the final year of their degree:
- Academic record showing all the qualifications obtained to date
- Students with previous university studies undertaken in Spain:
- Authenticated photocopy of the university degree or certificate verifying that the studies have terminated.
- Students with previous university studies carried out in a member country of the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland:
- SET (European Supplement to the Degree) or, failing this,
- Certification from the university of origin verifying that the student is capable of undertaking Master studies.
- Students with previous university studies carried out in a country outside the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland:
- Certification from the university of origin verifying that the student is capable of undertaking Master studies. This accreditation must bear the Apostille of the Hague Convention or, in the case of countries that have not signed the Hague Convention No. 12 of 5 October 1961, be legalized through consular or diplomatic channels.
Accreditation of linguistic skills
- Students whose mother tongue is Spanish must verify by official certification that their English level is equal or superior to B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages CEFR).
- Students whose mother tongue is not Spanish, in addition to verifying their English level, must verify that their knowledge of Spanish is equivalent or superior to DELE B2.
An Admissions Committee will be responsible for selecting the candidates accepted.
- CV in Spanish or English.
- A cover letter in Spanish or English explaining your reasons for doing the study programme.
Personal interview (via Skype)
Candidates may have a personal interview to evaluate their suitability in terms of motivation and objectives of the learning programme.
Payment to Reserve a Place
At the end of June 2016 the candidate will be notified of his/her suitability for the Master, and whether they have been admitted or are on the reserve list.
Those admitted will be asked to pay €1,000 to reserve their place.
It is important to stress that:
- The time period for presentation of candidates will remain open until there are no places left. The maximum number of students admitted is 20.
- In the case of foreign students, the certificate of registration and all the necessary facilities to process the visa will be made available once the payment to reserve a place has been made.