Master Degree in Strategic Design of Products and Services
The Masters Degree in Strategic Design of Products and Services run by EPS is taught in Mondragon (EPS, Loramendi Kalea 4, ARRASATE) and in Bilbao (Bilbao Berrikuntza Faktoria, Uribitarte Kalea 6, BILBO).
The classroom where the Master’s degree is taught is prepared for our learning model based on active methodologies. They include open spaces, mobile whiteboards, and flexible furniture.
Laboratories and Experimental Spaces
Rapid Prototyping Laboratory
The laboratory features the latest 3D printing technology. This is used to prototype concepts developed together by Masters degree students to companies throughout the semester's workshops and projects. In addition, the students have use of a 3D scanner in order to allow reverse engineering.
Image capture and processing laboratory
This laboratory allows students to make photos of the models made during the project, or video montages which can show the design integration of the product-service in linked scenarios. The equipment available includes cameras, video cameras, and Bamboo and Cintiq graphical tablets.
Workshop for models, painting and finishing
This workshop has the material and equipment necessary to make aesthetic and functional models. The workshop is equipped with specialised machinery for cutting, drilling and moulding materials like expanded polyurethane and wood. The workshop also has a thermoforming machine, and a machine for cutting and aesthetic finishing, usable for a range of materials. In addition the students can make use of a paint shop to paint their models or prototypes either by hand or with spray guns.
Perception and interaction laboratory (U-Lab)
The objective of this laboratory is to analyse products from the standpoint of the perception or interaction with the user. The laboratory features equipment such as Eye Tracking, FaceReader or Dry Egg, which help analyse people’s reactions to different stimuli based on eye movement, facial expressions, or brain stimuli. The equipment is used to test people’s perception of an action, product or image. In addition, it features a library of materials and textures for analysis.
Laboratories of the Centre for Innovation in Design (DBZ)
The DBZ with workspaces where the students of the master are incorporated as scholarship-holding research staff, assisting in the different research projects of the centre during the dual itinerary and research.
Space for co-creativity
This is a bright, light-filled area where co-creation and creativity sessions are organised in the search for opportunities and possible solutions.
These classrooms are equipped with audiovisual media aids to help contextualize the problem and establish a creative environment. Along with this, it has all the office material necessary to give shape to their co-creative processes.
Exhibition and dissemination area
The non-confidential work carried out by students is physically exhibited in the different display areas within the Masters building.
Library and access to documentary sources
The library is a 1650 square metre resource centre for learning and research, equipped with wifi, with the following facilities: 294 work spaces, 8 work rooms and 1 computer room.
62 computer terminals which allow access, appropriate to the user profile, to all computer applications necessary for the development of training. Also includes printers, CD readers, DVD readers, scanner, etc.
Opening hours are normally from 07:45 to 24:00, except during exam periods, when it remains open until 02:00, reflecting the needs of students.
In order to fulfil its required tasks, the library offers, among others, the following information resources:
- Access to the joint catalogue of the libraries of MONDRAGON UNIVERSITY, and links from these to other catalogues.
- Access to the more relevant information in the world of engineering through the Engineering Village portal, which gives access to Compendex and Inspect, Portal ISI Web of Knowledge, CSIS databases and others.
- Access to electronic journals.
- Access to electronic news alerts services; also to electronic news alert services of other collaborating universities (Dialnet), and major sources of electronic abstracts (Ingenta …).
- Access to Refwoks (an application for the management of bibliographical references).
Highlights of the services provided are:
- Specialised bibliographic information.
- Interlibrary loans.
- Loan of communications cards for access to wireless networks; laptop computers; video cameras; reproduction equipment, image-processing equipment.
- Training courses for students, teachers and researchers in the use of the library and the information resources that it offers.
Other facilities available to students
Included in this section are a number of common spaces that, without being directly linked with the academic training of pupils or any teaching in particular, contribute to their integration in the university campus and to their personal development, such as:
- The Pedro Viteri and Arana Hall of Residence, with a capacity of 280 students. Offers students accommodation and additional training
- Common rooms, coffee and canteen for all staff (students, PDI or PAS who require these services).
Sports facilities integrated within the university campus.