Objectives and competences
Master Official Degree
Teaching Habilitation for the Exercise of the Profession of Secondary Education, Vocational Training and Teaching of Languages
Eskoriatza and As Fabrik Bilbao
Presential (DUAL) or ONLINE
Objetives and Competences
The teaching profession is regulated by Organic Law 2/2006, of 3rd May, on Education. On the other hand, the profession of teacher of Compulsory Secondary Education, Vocational Training and Language Teaching is regulated by the ECI/3858/2007 Order of 27th December. According to this Order, students must acquire the following skills:
- Understanding the curricular content of the subjects relating to the corresponding specialisation, as well as the body of didactic knowledge about the teaching and learning processes. For Vocational Training it will include knowledge of the respective professions.
- Planning, developing and assessing the teaching and learning process enhancing educational processes that help acquire the particular skills of the respective teachings, according to the students’ level and previous training as well as their orientation, both individually and in collaboration with other teachers and professionals at the school.
- Searching for, obtaining, processing and communicating information (oral, printed, audiovisual, digital or multimedia), turning it into knowledge and applying it in the teaching and learning processes of the particular subjects of the specialisation studied.
- Specifying the curriculum that will be implemented in a school by participating in its collective planning: developing and implementing teaching methodologies for groups and individuals, adapted to the wide range of students.
- Designing and developing learning spaces, with special attention to equity, emotional education and values, equal rights and opportunities for men and women, citizen training and respect for human rights that facilitate life in society, decision-making and building a sustainable future.
- Acquiring strategies to stimulate the students’ efforts and promote their capacity for learning on their own and with others, and developing skills for thinking and decision-making that facilitate personal autonomy, trust and initiative.
- Understanding the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom, mastering necessary social abilities and skills to promote learning and coexistence in the classroom, and tackling discipline problems and resolution of conflicts.
- Designing and carrying out formal and informal activities that help make the school a place of participation and culture in its environment; developing the functions of tutoring and guiding students in a collaborative and coordinated way; participating in the assessment, research and innovation of the teaching and learning processes.
- Understanding the regulations and institutional organisation of the educational system and models for quality improvement applicable to schools.
- Understanding and analysing the historical characteristics of the teaching profession, its current situation, perspectives and interaction with the social reality of each time.
- Informing and advising families about the teaching and learning process and the personal, academic and professional guidance of their children.