Objectives and competences
Objectives and Competences
"We will help you develop personally and professionally to become an innovative educator"
The personal and professional profile you will achieve with this bachelor’s degree
In the bachelor’s degree in Primary Education, we give great importance to developing and working on personal characteristics in addition to working on the skills specific to the profession. In this bachelor’s degree, you will work on eight personal characteristics in particular:
- Basque personality, committed to the community
- Awareness and intercultural, multimodal and multilingual communication
- Autonomy and lifelong learning
- Commitment (to yourself, to your profession and to the Basque community)
- Cooperative and focused on social justice
- Able to manage uncertainty and frustration
- Critical and analytical
- Creative and transformative
Regarding professional skills, in addition to the traditional function of Primary Education instructor, you will also acquire skills that will help you face the complex challenges of the school of today. You will become aware of the need for lifelong learning and of the importance of educational transformation.
We want you to develop into a creative and committed person, critical when interpreting reality while flexible enough to adapt to a changing society. You will be able to create appropriate atmospheres to guarantee the well-being and growth of your students. You will know how to identify situations and adapt your teaching to them, tailoring your teaching according to the sociocultural environment of the families and the abilities of each student.
You will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills through a skill-based learning model, with which you will learn to communicate effectively, become involved, accept responsibility and take on leadership roles.
Things to consider to study Primary Education
Read the following statements and think about whether you identify with them:
- I like to deal with children between 6 and 12 years of age.
- I am a patient and empathetic person.
- I've always loved teaching.
- I am a person with initiative.
- I can explain myself so that people can understand me.
Do you recognize yourself in these statements? Then this bachelor's degree is the ideal choice for you!
Módulos del Grado en Educación Primaria
- I'll be an educator
- 6-12 year old person: school for everyone
- Critical analysis of current society
- Experimentation in natural and social environments
- STEM and deep learning
- Education for social transformation
- Active didactic experiences
- Tools and methodologies for educational innovation
- Researcher in educational innovation
Job opportunities with this bachelor's degree
Most professionals work in public, private or concerted schools, in the field of Primary Education, with children from 6 to 12 years of age. But the degree in Primary Education leads to many more job opportunities, for example:
- Design of teaching materials.
- Physical education.
- Digital innovation.
- Foreign language education.
- Education for children with special needs.