Objectives and competences
Objectives and Competences
The objective of the degree in Primary Education is to train professionals who are able to anticipate the integrated educational needs of their pupils. Professionals who take into account the family, social and cultural backgrounds of children and address them properly. Creative and committed professionals, questioning when it comes to interpreting reality and, at the same time, flexible enough to adapt to a changing society. Professionals who develop empathy to understand children and create a welcoming environment in which to share discoveries and cosy in the investigations share new knowledge, and teaching and language discoveries.
In addition to the general profile, they may define their professional profile more specifically, according to the options they choose:
- Pre-school Education option. (Eskoriatza Campus)
- Foreign Language option. (Eskoriatza Campus)
- Special Education. (Eskoriatza Campus)
- Physical Education. (Eskoriatza Campus)
- Hearing and Language. (Eskoriatza Campus)
- Digital Innovation. (AS Fabrik Campus. Bilbao) NEW!
At the same time, Mondragon University has defined in its educational project several cross-cutting competences common to all degrees. These are the following competences:
- Learn how to learn.
- Work in groups and leadership.
- Effective communication.
- Resolution of problems and conflicts.
- Global vision.