Objectives and competences
Graduate in Engineering in Industrial Organisations
Spanish, Basque, English
Objectives and Competences
Graduates in Engineering in Organisations will be able to:
- Possess and understand knowledge in a field of study that builds on the foundation of general secondary education, and is at a level that, while found in advanced text books, includes some aspects that encompass knowledge from the leading edge of their field of study.
- Apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner and have competences typically demonstrated through the presentation and defence of arguments, and solving problems within their field of study.
- Gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their field of study) in order to make judgements that include a reflection on relevant topics of a social, scientific or ethical nature.
- Communicate information, ideas, problems and solutions to both skilled and unskilled audiences.
- Develop those learning skills needed to undertake further studies with a high degree of independence.
- Propose the launch of new products identifying appropriate strategies suitable for their planning, manufacturing and management, minimizing their environmental impact throughout the life cycle.
- Define, plan and control projects within the main constraints (time, deadlines, costs, resources…)
- Use office automation tools and information technology to support activities such as planning, management, control, coordination…
- Define, implement and monitor the processes and procedures of an organisation.
- Generate, manage, understand and interpret documentation (general and technical), both internal and external; from its identification, archive and distribution, to its updating and disposal.
- Manage the key parameters of the value chain to efficiently administer processes and industrial activities and services.
- Coordinate and facilitate teams of people in professional activities, as well as the material resources needed for this.
- Identify the fundamentals of the processes and installations pertaining to an industrial environment.
In addition, the result of the learning achieved in this degree is equivalent to Level 2 of MECES (Spanish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education)
Those students who meet the requirements established by decree 47/2012 dated 3 Apr relating to the ‘recognition of the official studies made in the Basque language and exemption with titles accreditation and certification in Basque language’, may obtain exemption of the accreditation at C1-equivalent level (EGA)