Objectives and competences
Objectives and Competences
The objective of this degree is to prepare engineers who come from a generalist training background associated with engineering, to be capable of tackling the needs and tasks that society and businesses demand in the area of energy, working mainly in the types of systems of generation, storage and consumption of energy that are more environmentally friendly, as well as being more efficient.
Students will have a multidisciplinary profile, to allow them to tackle and solve problems of the various integrated disciplines in the field of energy (generation, conversion, transport and distribution, storage and management of efficient consumption).
- Understand current energy systems, and current and future energy needs, analysing the most important parameters that characterise them, both from a scientific/technical point of view and from an environmental and economic perspective.
- Design energy generation machines from the basic principles of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and heat transfer.
- Scale machines which optimise energy efficiency.
- Learn to manage energy processes and intelligent networks.
- Analyse, select and scale different types of generators of renewable and non-renewable energy to optimise their energy efficiency.
In addition, the result of the learning achieved in this degree is equivalent to Level 2 of MECES (Spanish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education)
Those students who meet the requirements established by decree 47/2012 dated 3 Apr relating to the ‘recognition of the official studies made in the Basque language and exemption with titles accreditation and certification in Basque language’, may obtain exemption of the accreditation at C1-equivalent level (EGA)