Objectives and competences
Engineering Graduate in Industrial Design and Product Development
Spanish, Basque, English
Objectives and Competences
The main objective of the degree is to train professionals capable of creating new products, concepts and services that have real value. To this end, in the creative process the work of three main disciplines is integrated:
- Communication or aesthetics, through the graphic representation of the concepts, the search and selection of attractive forms, colours and textures for the end user.
- Use, identifying the difficulties in the usability of the products or services in daily life and providing solutions through various creative techniques.
- Technique, i.e. sizing, selection of materials and suitable manufacturing processes, and calculation of the reliability of proposed solutions.
Competences developed by graduates in Engineering in Industrial Design and Product Development
- Design, re-design and develop products, concepts and services.
- Translate the needs of today's global society into new products or services.
- Identify and reduce the environmental impact of products throughout their life cycle.
- Analyse and identify the needs of the user of a product: the physical and emotional ergonomics, the cycle of use, how it is perceived...
- Persuade the user, through communication strategies, of the aesthetics of the product.
- Propose solutions that are technically and economically viable from the perspective of the materials and manufacturing processes.
However, the result of the learning achieved in this degree is equivalent to Level 2 of MECES (Spanish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education)
Those students who meet the requirements established by Decree 47/2012 dated 3 Apr relating to the ‘recognition of the official studies made in the Basque language and exemption with titles accreditation and certification in Basque language’, may obtain exemption of the accreditation at C1-equivalent level (EGA)