The service behaviour of the components or parts is defined by the interactions among the enviromental and the work conditions and the properties of these components or parts. These interactions can provoque degradations or malfuntion. In many cases, these degradations depend on the properties associated to the parts’ surfaces, among those that can make an appointment: the corrosion behavior, tribological properties (friction, wear and lubrication), and some physical properties (optic, aesthetic, thermal, electric and magnetic) of the products. In the same way, an important way of the development and improvement of the materials is the micro and nanotecnologías. These fields are directly related with surface technologies.
- Service behaviour of materials related to surface properties (tribological, corrosion resistance, optical, aesthetic, thermal, electric, magnetic,...). Analysis and characterization from a differents point of view: theoretical, experimental and using numerical simulation techniques.
- Geometric characterization of surfaces. Analysis at microgeometric level of profiles (analysis 2D) and surfaces (analysis 3D) of measures related to waviness, roughness, micro-roughness, cavities volumen, wear volumen, etc.
- Experimental devices of measure. Development of test benchs adapted to the product specifications or to the degradation problem (as for exemple, tribological or corrosion).
- Surface treatments and coatings. Analysis and development of surface treatments and/or coatings to answer to the tribological and corrosion degradation problems and to improve the surface physical properties.
- All research areas are applied to several industrial sectors:
- Machine components.
- Moulds and dies for metallic and plastic forming processes.
- Machining and grinding.
- Auxiliary elements of construction.
- Household appliances.
- Biomateriales and implants.
ALOPRP3D: Standardization in obtaining and preserving plasma rich in allogeneic platelets, creation of biodegradable 3d dressings and biocompatible with platelet factors for the healing of chronic wounds.
Offers of employment and doctorate
Discover the job and thesis offers at Mondragon Unibertsitatea, we can have a position of interest for you.