Objectives and competences
Objectives and Competences
You will be trained to face social challenges and lead social transformation projects.
Do you want to transform society? In the bachelor’s degree in Global Digital Humanities (HDG), you will learn to respond to major social challenges: sustainability, urbanism, immigration, equality, etc. To achieve this, beginning in your first year of study, you will work on real projects that combine Humanities and digital technologies.
Why are we talking about “digital” and “global”? We say “digital” because technologies are increasingly present in our lives (Industry 4.0, Artificial Intelligence and Network Society, for example). The digital transformation we are experiencing requires a social vision that identifies the challenges of society and examines how technology can be applied to benefit people.
You will acquire professional and personal skills by working in a very practical way. In this bachelor’s degree, you will learn with a methodology based on projects and on overcoming challenges that will provide you with first-hand experience of the professional environment. To do this, you will work in teams, take part in presentations, carry out real projects and do internships in companies.
The objective of the bachelor’s degree in Global Digital Humanities (HDG) is to train you for the global and digital world, using your self-knowledge as a point of departure and offering you the possibility of designing part of your own specialization.
To this end, Mondragon Unibertsitatea has designed a methodology based on cross-curricular competences common to all degrees:
- Leadership and entrepreneurship
- Learning to learn
- Critical spirit
Why choose Global Digital Humanities?
TO INFLUENCE SOCIETY
Through social innovation, digital transformation and participation in international projects.
TO LEARN DIFFERENTLY
Without exams; through challenges, projects and experiences.
TO HAVE A PERSONALIZED FOLLOW-UP
Individual and group tutoring for personal development, and project monitoring through seminars and interviews.
TO BE INVOLVED IN THE PROFESSIONAL WORLD
Real projects beginning in the first year of study and internships beginning in the second.
TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE LATEST TRENDS IN THE GLOCAL WORLD
Visits from experts to learn what is happening here and in the world.
BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO TRAVEL
You will have international experiences beginning in your second year of study.
TO DEVELOP BASIC SKILLS
Oral, written and digital communication; teamwork; inclusive leadership; critical-analytical competence; creativity; resilience... and more.
TO STUDY AT THE UNIVERCITY
A model that extends the campus to the city in collaboration with social agents, companies and heads of organizations and institutions.
TO BE ABLE TO PERSONALIZE YOUR ITINERARY
Discover what you are passionate about and delve into it.
FOR ITS SPECIALIZATION TRACKS
Digital Humanities and Global Studies.
Things to consider if you are interested in studying Global Digital Humanities (HDG)
Read the following statements and think about whether they apply to you:
- I like to have a positive impact on my environment.
- I like technology.
- I am interested in social movements, culture, art and creativity.
- I am a person with initiative.
- I am a committed person.
- I like to work in teams.
- I am attracted to new technologies.
- I am interested in what’s happening around me and what’s happening in other parts of the world.
Do you recognize yourself in these statements? Then this bachelor’s degree is the ideal choice for you.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES WITH THIS DEGREE
Those who have earned their degree in Global Digital Humanities (HDG) can continue their studies in a Master’s degree or enter the labor market in a profession related to any of the following profiles:
- Head of Internationalization:
- Public diplomacy (Internal and external delegations of governments, associations or organizations).
- Cooperation (Non-governmental organizations, cooperation projects).
- Linguistic and cultural diversity (Cultural agent, mediation in multicultural contexts, Basque centers, the Basque language and Basque culture in the international arena).
- Head of Digital Transformation:
- Digital strategy design in companies and institutions.
- Citizenship, digital governance and participatory processes.
- Design of intelligent products and services to respond to social needs (smart cities, robotics, websites and apps).
- Head of Innovation and Social Impact:
- Social responsibility and sustainability.
- Technology and monitoring of ethical data practice.
- Dialogue with social agents, revitalization of initiatives.
- Development and evaluation of social impact projects.
- Education and research