Objectives and competences
Objectives and Competences
The main objective of the degree is to fuse engineering principles, knowledge, attitudes and skills with those of health sciences for the design and development of technologies, products, equipment, processes and services.
In summary, the Biomedical Engineer aims to solve the engineering problems that arise in the medical field. To do this, students must acquire knowledge of different fields of engineering as well as basic concepts of medicine.
- Understand and apply the principles of physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Understand and apply the principles of electronic systems.
- Know and apply the properties of materials.
- Know, understand and analyse medical facilities.
- Analyse and design new medical equipment centred on the user.
- Know and understand the operation of hospital facilities.
In addition, the result of the learning achieved in this degree is equivalent to Level 2 of MECES (Spanish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education)
Those students who meet the requirements established by decree 47/2012 dated 3 Apr relating to the ‘recognition of the official studies made in the Basque language and exemption with titles accreditation and certification in Basque language’, may obtain exemption of the accreditation at C1-equivalent level (EGA).