"You will be able to prevent diseases, develop new treatments and improve people's health."
Biomedical engineering is concerned with applying the principles, knowledge, attitudes and skills of engineering to the medical field, in order to develop new treatments, assist people during their recovery process and innovate the health service in general.
And the fact is that medicine, as in all the disciplines surrounding it, depends on state-of-the-art technology in order to keep moving forward. And this requires engineering professionals who lead and manage that technological progress in the field of medicine.
In this degree, you will acquire knowledge within the field of engineering that includes mathematics, physics, electronics, programming and analysis, combined with a solid grounding in biology and medicine. In so doing, you will be able to work in companies within the sector, technological centres, hospitals or universities. You will be capable of developing technological equipment for hospitals, analysing data from the human genome for developing new drugs or creating and deploying software and algorithms for bioinformatic applications, among other things.
DUAL Training. Internships from the 2nd year and in-company End-of-Course Project
In year 4 you will have the opportunity to spend some time abroad
You will undertake your studies with state-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology
Broad range of knowledge in engineering, technology and health sciences
- Human Anatomy
- Biomedical Signal and Image Processing
- Medical Imaging Systems
- Development of Medical Equipment
- Health Units Management
- Industrial Design of New Products
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
- Designing, developing and maintaining medical products, equipment, processes and services
- Managing biomedical engineering projects
- Managing and optimising healthcare facilities
- Researching and developing new medicines
- Training people in products and installations
- Designing equipment for diagnosis, monitoring and medical treatment
- Researching health products relating to neurosurgery and treatment of pain