The objective of this degree is to apply the principles, knowledge, attitudes and skills of the engineer to the medical field, in order to cover the gaps that exist today in qualified personnel in the technological field of health sciences.
The health sciences, and medicine in particular, are one of the fields that have benefited most from technological progress; all of this, and above all, the possibilities that are emerging today and which will arise in the future, have lead us to define courses for training engineers who will be participants in this, and who will manage this technological progress.
EUR-ACE International seal
Expert teaching staff
13 high-level laboratories
100% grant for End-of-Course projects
Graduate in Biomedical Engineering. The main objective of the degree is to train engineers who are capable of applying the principles, knowledge, attitudes and skills of engineering in the medical field.
The proliferation and consolidation of technology-based companies in the medical field in recent years shows the importance that this field is acquiring. The specialisation in the health sector offers a future full of opportunities.
Additionally, the biomedical and human health field have been identified by the Basque Government as one of the strategic priorities of smart specialisation in the Basque Country. In this sense, it should be noted that you will carry out your studies with state-of-the-art equipment and the latest technologies in the sector, thanks to the agreements between the University and Osakidetza and other hospitals, leading companies in the sector, and other leading universities from abroad.
- Designing, developing and maintaining products, devices, processes and services while guaranteeing their quality in the following fields:
- Diagnostic equipment (scanners, ultrasound systems, lab-on-a-chip devices, etc.).
- Treatment and recovery equipment (defibrillators, implants, robotic arms, etc.).
- Equipment for the improvement of the quality of life (telecare, telemonitoring, etc.).
- Equipment for improving sport performance (heart rate monitors, monitoring, new materials, etc.).
- Directing Biomedical Engineering projects, from the detection of opportunities to their implementation in the market.
- Managing and optimising healthcare facilities.
- Training people about products and facilities in the different fields of Biomedical Engineering.