Software and System Engineering
SOFTWARE & SYSTEM ENGINEERING
We focus our research on different aspects of the development and operation of Software and Systems. We apply our knowledge in complex, highly configurable and distributed systems with real-time restrictions that require a multidisciplinary approach and interoperability in development. We develop our research on intelligent physical platforms and cyber-physical systems enabled for IoT, which boost innovation in the field of industry 4.0, healthcare, and smart cities.
The main areas of research are as follows:
Design methods and continuous operation
- Reducing the cost of the software life cycle.
- Rapid adaptation of the system to new technologies.
- Reduction of the development time of new systems.
- Improved software quality in changing environments.
- Development of web platforms through micro services
- Integration of heterogeneous systems
- Composing complex systems
- Creating smart agents for process automation
- Extracting, processing and storing knowledge (knowledge management)
- Semantic processing by machines
Remote Control and Monitoring
- Generation of software components capable of monitoring and adapting the model in runtime
- Remote monitoring and verification of software components of distributed systems in runtime
- Development of software components with operating capacity on IoT platforms.
Offers of employment and doctorate
Discover the job and thesis offers at Mondragon Unibertsitatea, we can have a position of interest for you.