Education Programme - Spring
EDUCATION PROGRAMME - SPRING
We offer two full-time 30 ECTS international courses in the area of Education for Erasmus and Exchange students in the heart of the Basque Country and the prestigious Mondragon Cooperative Movement.
The courses will run in two different semesters. The working language of both courses will be English.
The objective of the degree in Primary Education is to train professionals who are able to anticipate the integrated educational needs of their pupils. Professionals who take into account the family, social and cultural backgrounds of children and address them properly. Creative and committed professionals, questioning when it comes to interpreting reality and, at the same time, flexible enough to adapt to a changing society. Professionals who develop empathy to understand children and create a welcoming environment in which to share discoveries and cosy in the investigations share new knowledge, and teaching and language discoveries.
- School, languages and people (9 ECTS) (05/02/2024 - 08/03/2024):
- The aim of this module is to reflect on the sociolinguistic situation of Basque society. A context where the most productive resource for a minority language to survive is the educational community. We also live in a rich context where different languages and cultures coexist.
- A critical analysis of today’s society. XXI (9 ECTS) (13/05/2024 - 14/06/2024):
- In 21st century society, there are many trends and elements that have a profound impact on education, such as socio-ecological transition, sustainability, digitalisation, humanism, interculturalism or diversity. The aim of this module is to carry out a comprehensive analysis of these variables that are influencing change in society and to anticipate their impact on the educational community and the role of the teacher.
- My linguistic and cultural self (12 ECTS) (08/01/2024 - 16/02/2024):
- The aim of the module is to be aware of our own linguistic and cultural identity to better understand others. Current social trends have made us aware that an increasing number of foreign languages and cultures have become more evident in our society. The role of the foreign language teacher needs to be re-defined to give an answer to the diversity in schools: a teacher who knows about the sociolinguistic (socio-economic, and socio-cultural…) context of the community and can adapt to its needs.
- Trans-classforming + Practicum (12 ECTS) (15/04/2024 - 14/06/2024):
- Professional practice relies on the ability to reflect on our own practice and this is necessary for decision making. The aim of this practicum will require the educator to immerse himself/herself in a process of inquiry and research and live the local experience.
- How is the foreign language worked on at school? (12 ECTS) (19/02/2024 - 12/04/2024):
- The aim of the module is to gain the strategies to deal with multilingualism in the classroom. Current social trends have made us aware that an increasing number of foreign languages and cultures have become more evident in our society. The role of the foreign language teacher needs to be re-defined to give an answer to the diversity in schools: a teacher who knows about the sociolinguistic (socio-economic, and socio-cultural…) context of the community and can adapt to its needs.
- Spanish (6 ECTS) (It would be organized during the mobility according students academic Schedule).
- Basque Culture (6 ECTS) (It would be organized during the mobility according students academic Schedule).
- The aim of this module is to offer a brief survey of Basque culture centred on some of its most relevant aspects: language, history and education system, in order to understand present day Basque society.
|IC1224||School, Languages and People||9||EN|
|IC1221||A Critical Analysis of Today's Society XXI||9||EN|
|IC1217||My Linguistic and Cultural Self||12||EN|
|IC1220||Trans-Clasforming + Practicum||12||EN|
|IC1218||How is the Foreign Language Worked on at School?||12||EN|