Objectives and competences
Master Official Degree
Education in Multicultural and Multilingual Contexts (Ekomu)
1 or 2 years
Basque or Spanish, posibility of making credits in English
Objetives and Competences
The Education in Multilingual and Multicultural contexts Masters degree (Ekomu) provides training to manage the multilingual and multicultural contexts currently present in the educational area, and which are the result of the economic and social changes taking place in our society.
- To train professionals capable of managing multiple educational areas related to multilingualism and multiculturalism.
- To train professionals who can respond to the educational needs of students particularly in the context of minority languages, second or even third languages, and multiculturalism.
- To train researchers able to identify problems in multicultural and multilingual contexts.
- To train people who will be professional, reflective, creative and committed and who can adapt to a changing and transforming society.
As regards the areas of work, those people expert in education in multilingual and multicultural contexts can develop numerous roles in various educational institutions, whether in schools, in educational administration or in other institutions dedicated to formal or informal education. Through their professional activity, they will be capable of promoting and managing changes, whether as managers, as coordinators or as teachers.
The principal fields of activity will be in the following areas.
- On-going management of teaching programmes and learning based on continuous improvement:
- Design and management of new curricular content.
- Coordination, monitoring and assessment of curriculum development.
- Design and management of new educational scenarios.
- Design and management of innovative didactic proposals.
- Motivation of teachers, promoting their initiatives and openness to innovation.
- Design of validation proposals relating to methodological change.
- Promotion and management of action plans for teacher development:
- Promotion of spaces so that teachers can analyse and address issues related to the improvement of teaching.
- Identification of educational needs linked to methodological change.
- Design and implementation of educational activities aimed at the improvement of the practice of teaching.
- Promotion and management of improvement actions for educational organisations, given that these are institutions dedicated to learning:
- Implementation of activities that contribute to the development of the culture of cooperation.
- Design of structures to resolve conflict and aid joint decision making.
- Development of actions to promote the involvement of the stakeholders involved in education: family, teachers and others.
- Promotion of actions aimed at the creation and development of networks with other educational institutions.