Objectives and competences
PhD Programme in Innovation and educational intervention
Full-time: 3 years (possibility of extending in 1 year).
Part-time: 5 years (possibility of extending in 2 years).
Spanish, Basque, English
OBJECTIVES AND COMPETENCIES
The doctorate level will correspond to MECES level 4, which includes qualifications with the purpose of providing students with advanced research technique training. The characteristics of this level's qualifications are defined by the following descriptions presented in terms of learning outcomes.
Competencies Royal Decree 1027/2011
- Having acquired advanced knowledge on the leading edge of knowledge, and demonstrating a deep, detailed understanding in the context of internationally recognised scientific research that is based on practical and theoretical aspects, and scientific methodology in one or more areas of research.
- Having made an original and significant contribution to scientific research in their area of knowledge, with this contribution having been recognised as such by the international scientific community.
- Having demonstrated that they are capable of designing a research project with which critical analysis can be carried out, and evaluating imprecise situations to which their contributions and knowledge can be applied, as well as the work methodology for creating a synthesis of new, complex ideas that produce deeper knowledge of the researcher context in which work is carried out.
- Having developed sufficient autonomy to initiate, manage, and lead innovative research projects and teams, as well as national and international scientific collaborations within their thematic area, in multi-disciplinary contexts and, where applicable, with a high-level knowledge transfer component.
- Having shown that they are capable of developing their research activity with scientific integrity and social responsibility.
- Having justified that they are capable of participating in scientific discussions held regarding their area of knowledge on an international level, and sharing the results of their research activity with all types of audiences.
- Having demonstrated that they are capable of advancing cultural, social, or technological aspects within their specific scientific context, as well as encouraging innovation in all areas of a knowledge-based society.
Competencies Royal Decree 99/2011
- Systematic comprehension of a field of study, and command of the research methods and skills related to said field.
- The capacity to imagine, design or create, implement, and adopt a substantial research or creation process.
- The capacity to contribute to expanding the limits of knowledge through original research.
- The capacity to carry out a critical analysis and evaluate, and synthesise new and complex ideas.
- The capacity to communicate with the scientific and academic community, and with society at large, regarding their areas of knowledge in ways or with language that is commonly used in their international scientific community.
- The capacity to encourage a knowledge-based society's scientific advancement in academic and professional contexts.