Objectives and competences
Objectives and competencies
"Create solutions to the challenges of the future and build a better world"
Engineering Physics is an exciting discipline that combines the understanding of the physical principles that govern the Universe with the ability to apply that knowledge to the creation of innovative technological solutions that have a positive impact on people's quality of life.
Imagine being part of multidisciplinary teams designing large experimental equipment or developing cutting-edge engineering projects. For example, quantum computing is an emerging technology that is likely to have a significant impact on areas such as cryptography, optimisation in logistics and finance, machine learning or the design of new medicines.
In addition, the demand for Engineering Physics graduates in industry is constant and growing, which means that you can look forward to excellent career opportunities.
Work in multidisciplinary teams to develop new scientific and technological advances.
Apply mathematics and physics to real problems to generate solutions that contribute to the development of science and technology.
Extend the limits of current technologies.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SYSTEMS
To develop hardware and software systems that meet the needs of companies in various sectors.
To develop and adapt innovative technologies to the industrial framework, bringing more efficient and sustainable solutions to the market.
You will possess the necessary skills to continue studying throughout your life and continue to develop your education and career.
Study requirements for this grade
- I am curious about how things work and the laws behind everyday phenomena
- I am good at/like physics and mathematics
- I am interested in both theoretical concepts and putting them into practice in projects close to reality
- I am interested in new technologies and their applications in an industrial environment
- I am a restless and curious person, eager to learn constantly
- I love teamwork and I am good at collaborating
- I am passionate about physics and mathematics and would like to use them to improve people's lives
- I have a passion for science and I want to continue learning throughout my life
If you identify yourself, the Engineering Physics Applied to Industry is the ideal choice for you
- Mathematical Methods applied to Physics
- Quantum Physics
- Quantum Computing
- Robotics, Modelling and Control
- Artificial Intelligence: Machine Learning
- Optical Processing and Computer Vision
- Relativistic Physics
You will occupy positions such as:
- Management and direction of projects
- Data analysis
- Software or hardware development
- Equipment development