Energy and Power Electronics
The main objective of the degree is to train highly qualified professionals in:
- The study and analysis of specific applications of power electronics (energy generation, renewables, industrial applications, traction, etc...).
- The study and analysis of electronic power converters (design, modelling, control and analysis).
- The study and analysis of electrical machines (design, modelling, control and analysis).
Aimed at people in possession of official university degrees in Electricity, Industrial Electronics, and Automation and Electronics (without requiring supplementary training) and other degrees in the branches of engineering,architecture and sciences (with supplementary training).
A Master's Degree with a profile linked to the needs of companies in a sector of the future.
Master's thesis in the company: paid internship in 2nd year, for 10 months in the company.
Highly qualified teaching staff, combining teaching and research on cutting-edge topics with companies in the sector.
During the first course you will complete 5-week projects, as a team, in order to apply the theoretical knowledge acquired.
- Carry out design and development activities for advanced power electronics and electrical machine systems applied to the generation, storage, distribution and transmission of energy, to traction, renewable energies and industrial electronics.
- Manage projects that provide innovative, sustainable and efficient solutions to problems arising from the integration of power electronics systems.
- Manage research projects orientated towards scientific-technological development, in multidisciplinary and multi-sector environments, promoting the management and transfer of acquired knowledge.
- Develop advisory services and consultancy in the area of power electronics, meeting client requirements, achieving energy efficiency and adhering to current regulations.
- Carry out activities for the dissemination and teaching of knowledge related to the control of electrical energy and its applications in the fields of formal education, and continue these activities through both theoretical and practical exhibitions.
- Manage testing laboratories and experimentation.
Post carried out
- Product manager.
- Process engineering.
- Maintenance manager.
- Responsible for research and development.